Join us now
Staff Accountant - Contract
Jan - May 2021
We are looking to add a staff accountant to join our team.
As a team, the staff accountant's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
We are looking to add a Staff Accountant to join our GTA office.
As a team, staff accountants’ responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
-Liaise with all staffs and partners to deliver accurate, complete, and efficient files
- Prepare Notice to Reader working paper file and financial statements
- Assist in the Review and Audit engagements as needed
- Prepare corporate income tax returns (T2)
- Prepare personal income tax returns (T1)
- Prepare other information returns i.e. T4/ T5/ T3/ NR4 & NR6
- Prepare payroll calculations and prepare EHT and WSIB returns as needed
- Prepare GST/HST filing from bookkeeping records
- Communicate with CRA for tax adjustment and assist in CRA audit
- Correspondence to clients, CRA and other third parties.
Education And Experience Requirements
- University degree or college diploma in business or accounting, with a minimum of 2 years of related accounting experience.
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
- Able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of tax and compliance
- Familiar with CaseWare, Caseview, and tax software (Cantax), MS Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint), QuickBooks, Sage50, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organization skills, with strong attention to detail on accounting and bookkeeping matters
- Desire to work in a fast-paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses.
- Proficient in spoken and written Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset
We thank all the applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2020-12- 30